//// When her big shot blows up on her, how far will one woman go to regain her dream?////
I requested this book from Bethany House, expecting a really deep, fun book…. But that’s not what delivered at all!
- Awesome plot
- Mystery/suspense was good
- The vintage 40’s and 50’s aspect was refreshing
- The fashion/theater world was involved
- Very slow start
- the characters didn’t have any depth
- Hard-to-connect-with storyline
So, now the negative content.
- Um, VERY LIGHT mentions of drugs/alcohol (not very much at all)
- Couple comments about a man “having plenty of women”
I REALLY loved the last 100 pages of this book! The characters WERE hard to understand because Kathryn Cushman didn’t give us much background….BUT she might have meant to do that.
It was perfectly clean and barely any romance.
Actually speaking about the romance, it was REALLY rushed! I mean, can’t say without spoilers but ugh. No.
What made this book so interesting for me was the plot! That really was the only thing “right” for me. To wrap things up, the book was probably a 4 stars for me, it was pretty good, and I will certainly be reading more from this author!
Good job, Kathryn Cushman!
*I was sent this book for an honest review from Bethany House Publishers. Thank you!!!!*