(Does this photo make you want a steamy caramel macchiato? It sure does me. *drools*)
I AM BACK YES I KNOW YOU MISSED ME SO MUCH AHHHHHHH I’M BACK MY PEOPLE!
Hahahahahahaha. I needed a break. With #NaNoWriMo2016 taking up so much of my time, being committed to a couple book clubs, trying to learn crochet, school, book reviewing, etc…I was tired, ya’ll! I needed some time away from the virtual world and needed some down to earth interaction! Lol. Anyway, but I wanted to come back with a bit of a fun post, so of course, what’s more fun than : books + tags????
I found this over at my good, good friend Kimberly’s blog and I really wanted to do it. Also, my other friend Mykaela McDowelll did this tag too! Ya’ll should totally follow both of these girl’s amazing blogs. They work hard on them. :-)
1. Name a book that you’re embarrassed you haven’t read:
Kisses From Katie by Katie Davis and Beth Clark. I’ve had this for a couple years and I still haven’t read it. Ahhhh, oh well. Soon maybe? Here’s a good review for your consideration!
2. What is the strangest thing you’ve ever used as a bookmark?:
Hmmm….Probably a water bottle label! I know, not very strange…. :D
3. Look at your bookshelf. What’s the first yellow-spined book you see?:
I see Chivalry By Zach Hunter. I actually haven’t read this book though! It looks great!
4. If you could have one new book from a deceased author, who would it be?:
Probably Laura Ingalls Wilder. She was an amazing author and I’d really love a new story! Maybe a new series on one of the other kids? Maybe Mary?
5. Name an author who deserves more readership:
Hmmm…I could answer for numerous authors that don’t get NEAR the readership that they deserve, but the biggest I can think of is Rachel Coker! She’s not just a writer….She’s an author, ya’ll! If you know what I mean. Her books are lovely and so super influential!
6. Bookmark OR Random piece of paper?:
Um, dog-earing for the win! Hahahaha. Yes, I like to make other book-worms angry! I also LOVE pretty bookmarks. Sometimes. *bwhahahahaahha*
7. Can you stop anywhere in a book or do you have to finish the chapter?
I can stop anywhere, but I prefer after a big scene or right before a paragraph.
8. One book at a time OR Several?:
Several! Right now I’m in the middle of close to a dozen. Yep. I know. Crazy-ness.
9. Do you read ahead or skip pages?:
Are you kidding me???? NO!!! I actually do have one friend (yes, I’m sending angry glares at YOU, Jordan) that does this, but I would NEVER do this…***okay, maybe I’ve done this a couple times.***
10. Breaking the spine or keeping it like new?:
This is where the reader shows her true colors!! I break the spine, for sure. It’s harder for me if it’s a beautiful new and expensive hardback (but I know it’ll break eventually). But yes, I’m the book-reader that sees books as bindings of paper and not children so I don’t mind taking it in the bath, spilling water on it and, hey, lets spill some ice cream on it too! It’s just paper. *laughs knowing bookworms are currently writhing in pain* Since we are 0n this topic though, I recommend watching THIS VIDEO for discussion on this. I used to be SUPER picky and OCD about my books/bookshelves and then I was abruptly introduced to this and I totally went the opposite direction mentally. Now I am still loving towards my books, but I do write in them (see THIS video on annotating) and I dog ear. AND I get water on them sometimes and I don’t melt. (And, psst, neither do my books.)
11. What books do you regret reading?:
Ummm…This question can be answered a couple different ways but here’s how I’m going to answer it. A couple years ago I read James And The Giant Peach by Roald Dahl, BTW, worst mistake of my life. It creeped me out and it even had a spell or something like that in it.
12. On average, how many books per year do you read?:
Well, last year I read 63 and this year I’ve read 74 so far…Sooo…50+?
13. What book can you read hundreds of times and never get tired of?:
OOhh! The Book Of The King by Jerry B. Jenkins (co-author of the Left Behind series). It’s an amazing and super life-changing non-magical series you should totally check out! Here’s my review for it, if you’re interested.
14. What’s the biggest lesson you’ve learned from a book?:
To not be quick to judge! That’s a very valuable life lesson to learn!
15. What is the most recent book you’ve read?:
16. Name a book quote you’ll never forget:
“I cannot explain it, other than Yahweh wills it so. Only the giver of life has sovereignty over death.” -Shadow Of The Storm by Connilyn Cossette.
17. How many books do you own?:
Well, that’s very difficult to say because I have a bookcase AND my mom has a bookcase and we swap books all the time sooo..*runs to check* 3-400 between the two of us! We buy books for every occasion…ALL THE TIME. :-D
18. Of the past year, what is the greatest book you’ve read?:
Well, that’s all folks! And I’m going to tag some people too!
- Abbie from Chronicles In Bloom.
- Abby from Truly Beautiful.
- Trinity from Adventure For All
- Hope from The Warrior And The Writer
- Sierra from 26 Countless Possibilities
- Emily from For The Bookish
- Madi from Passion Mango
- Nadine from http://nadinebrandes.com/
- Livy from Livy Lynn Blog
- Hope from The Epic Place
And Amanda from Christian Shelf Esteem !
Thank ya’ll for reading! Want to do this tag? Do it, then leave the link below! I’d love to see it.
~By His Grace,